Saying good-bye

I'm losing a best friend today. One that I haven't had in my life nearly long enough. My heart is breaking but God put him in my life for a reason and I know in my heart, someday we'll be together again.

My dog, Stogey is very sick...dying. He got his death sentence about two months ago at the vet, interstitial pleuritis, but then he rallied and gave me the best two months with him in my life. I cherish every day, every moment we've had together and I don't want things to change.

I hate change. Inevitable change.

I know people get way too attached to pets, knowing at the get-go that you'll have to let them go before you are ready, but we open our hearts, tears down our walls, and let them in anyway.

My tears may be less tomorrow but my heart will be just as heavy.

I mourn the loss of one of my best friends but thank God for giving him to me at all. I didn't deserve him. He blew my mind with his capacity to love.

Rest in peace Stogey...

Popular Posts